The Billing/Credentialing is the income center of EPIC Health. It touches every patient account seen at all sites, and is responsible for ensuring we are paid for the services we provide.
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
After-hours assistance: Call or Text
Charge Entry Staff
- Audit all charges inputted in by providers
- Reconciling all procedures done prior to submitting
- Inbox review and response
- Inbound/Outbound Patient Calls
- Financial Hardship
- Special Projects
Insurance AR Staff
- Work Que based on insurance carrier
- All rejections worked and resubmitted over to carriers
- Failed claims
- Rejected claims
- Confirm all claims were submitted
- Special Projects
- Enrollment of all providers with all insurance carriers for all sites
- Direct contracts
- PO/TPA contracts
- f/u as needed
- Revalidating contracts for all payors
- Documenting all information in our credentialing software as well as personal folders
- Adding/Removing providers on malpractice
- Licenses/DEA reminders for renewals
Meet the Billing Department
Charge Entry Staff is our team of trained billing employees – all local – who submit all charges to insurance (or patients in the case of self-pay) to ensure we receive payment for the services rendered. They do an audit of what the providers have documented and ensure everything is reconciled prior to submitting. They also provide customer service by accepting payments, answering questions regarding why a bill was received, or other billing related questions. They also process documentation for financial hardship.
Insurance AR Staff are the staff who ensure we get paid for all claims sent out within a timely fashion. Our staff is both local and global. They are responsible for working any claims that are rejected by the insurance carrier to ensure they are paid in a timely fashion. T They also provide customer service by accepting payments, answering questions regarding why a bill was received, or other billing related questions.
Credentialing staff are the staff who ensure we are participating with all insurance carriers for all sites. They also follow up with providers to ensure that their malpractice, licensures and DEA do not expire.