Suppose you came to work every day inspired and ready to make a difference in not just your life, but in your whole community…
Imagine you did this in an environment stacked with leaders dedicated to helping you grow to reach your peak potential, no matter your dream…
Just pretend you loved your job and had fun every day, even though the work was serious enough to save lives…
We’re here to tell you that your search for this dream is over. At EPIC Health, we got you!
We are PROUD to lead the challenge to create healthier communities, one life at a time. We offer an innovative advanced care model designed to serve those who need high-quality, patient-centered healthcare the most. We’re currently looking for an exceptional Medical Assistant just like YOU to help us change the way healthcare is being delivered across the WORLD.
The ideal candidate for this role is compassionate, detail oriented, and a constant learner. Under the supervision of the Business Administrator, you will perform medical procedures that keep our patients and community healthy, ultimately saving lives every single day. This is done by performing screening procedures to assist with effective patient diagnosis, coordinating patient care and follow up within and outside of EPIC Health System, and maintaining a growth mindset to see every encounter as an opportunity to learn.
This position will be located at our Southfield Medical Center, but you might also float around to other offices as needed.
*This is an on-site position. Must reside in Metro Detroit area*
4- 10 hour days.
When you become our next Medical Assistant you’ll take on:
- Escorting patients to exam rooms for proper assessment and care planning
- Taking vitals and recording them in EHR to assist the provider with understanding the patient’s current conditions
- Documenting patient self-reported symptoms and history to keep our records accurate and ensure the provider has access to all of the info (we know our patients tell our Medical Assistants more than the providers, so you are so crucial to keeping our documentation streamlined!)
- Administering intramuscular injections as well as vaccinations
- Providing basic patient education as to why you’re performing certain procedures so we can help the patients take an active role in taking charge of their health
- Collecting blood and urine to assist with proper diagnosis and evaluation
- Coordinating all follow up appointments within EPIC Health System to ensure our patients receive the very best continuous care
- Participating in regular process improvement projects and experiments to help improve the office flow and patient care
- Doing other stuff too, because all of our EPIC Warriors are team-oriented and high-performers (two of our core values) who are always ready to jump in and help out.
Why work for EPIC Health?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Excellent Health Insurance through Blue Care Network with a VIP policy to provide you with affordable access to the best care
- Premium Dental and Vision coverage
- Buy Up Option for Short and Long Term Disability, and Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) investment opportunities
- Generous Holiday, Vacation and Personal time
- Work/Life Balance – Our CAs have 4-day work weeks!
- Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs
You would be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant
You have completed Medical Assistant coursework
if you’re interested in a future career in medicine and need patient care experience
you really love people and are ready to learn something new!
- A big desire to truly make a difference in your community through improving the health of individuals
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Aren’t afraid to try new things and pivot when you see an opportunity to improve.
- Understand that a mistake is an opportunity to coach and learn.
About the fam:
EPIC Health System was founded in 2000 in Ferndale, Michigan by two bright physicians, Drs. Ted and Greg Naman – who also happen to be brothers. Over the last 20+ years, EPIC Health has evolved to stay on the cutting edge of integrated and comprehensive care by using techniques from within healthcare and other industries to drive growth and innovation. Even with all this growth, our constant commitment to providing the highest quality of care to our communities has helped us completely transform the way healthcare is delivered – and we’re not done yet!
Background checks are required for all applicants.
- Health insurance